Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

Friend Categories

Not every friend is the same. I think everyone can agree with that. There are some friends that you will share your life story with, but there are some friends that you seem to keep distant.
One type of friend is the company friend. This is the one you walk around school with just to keep you company. You would prefer to walk with someone down the hall instead of being alone, so you choose someone to walk with. I have one of these friends. I wait for them before I go to lunch and we sit next to each other in the hallway afterward. This person, however, I don’t share secrets with. I don’t know this person well enough to share personal information with. Sometimes we make small talk, but most of the time we walk of sit in silence.
Another type is the friend of a friend. This is the person you would never hang out with alone but are always nice to. They are closer to an acquaintance than a friend actually. You are usually nice to this person but only talk when you all are hanging out together. You might be friends with them on a social media, but you rarely talk. This person probably is someone you never call or text; however, when you are hanging out in a group, you laugh and talk like you have known each other forever.
An old friend is pretty self explanatory. This is someone that has been in your life as long as you can remember. It could be a neighbor kid, someone you met in elementary, or even someone that you have known since you were born. There is always a deep connection between these people and are usually the friends held closest to your heart. My old friend I have known since kindergarten. We used to have play dates and go running through the mud together. We lost touch for a while when I switched schools, but when we got in touch again, it was like we had never been separated. We don’t hang out as much as we used to, though. On the other hand, whenever one of us needs a friend to vent to, we are always there for each other.
The last is your closest friend. It is the one you share all your secrets with and would trust with your life. I only have two of these friends. I tell them everything. They have seen me at my best and at my worst. I will scream, cry and vent with them. I will stay up all night laying on the couch and just talking with them and we never run out of things to talk about. We are super random and silly and laugh a lot when we are with each other. We share everything as if we were sisters and are completely honest with each other.

No matter what kinds of friends you have, you only need a few. It is better to have a small amount of friends that you are really close with than a lot of friends that aren’t very good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment