Translate

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Risky Party

It was a Saturday night and my parents were out on a date night. Me and my sister decided to throw a party; this ended up being a bad idea. It was one in the morning, and the party was starting to get pretty wild. There were people everywhere: up the stairs, in the closet, on the porch, and in the yard. I knew the party was out of my control, and I would just have to watch it till it died down. I stood at the top of the stairs, listening to the loud music blaring as people danced throughout the place. I couldn’t possibly count how many people were there. There was a sudden loud crash that came from the kitchen. The music stopped, and I bolted to the kitchen. When I got into the kitchen, I wondered into the middle of the ring the crowd had created. I looked at the faces of everyone and then moved my gaze to the floor. It was broken glass. My eyes went wide when I realized it was my moms favorite vase. I stared at it for about 10 minutes straight; I would have stared longer but a bright light swept through the kitchen window. It was my parents headlights and I was caught like a deer in the road. My sister came up behind me, glaring at me. I started to sweat.
My sister grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me out the back door. She warned me to take a deep breath and to calm down. She began pulling me to the shed outside and put me inside. Her idea was to hide and pretend we didn’t know about the party like we were never home. If mom asked, I was told to tell her that my sister and I had gone to spend the night at our cousins house. I was then supposed to continue to lie and say that the school found out we weren’t home and used our house as their party location. She had convinced me.
We hid in the shed, listening to everyone exit the party. The loud rumble of my dads voice echoed through the neighborhood. I began to shook but tried to stay quiet.
When the attention turned to the front of the house, my sister and I snuck out of the shed and tried to sneak out of the yard. The crunch of leaves, however, blew our cover. It was time for me to step forward. My mom came up behind me, crying. I was thrown off by her lack of anger. “I’m so glad you are ok! These teenager broke into the house!” her voice quaked. I look of curiosity rolled over my face, but I stayed quiet. My sister spoke up before my mom could continue her thoughts. “They broke your vase mom!” I looked at my sister and she winked at me. Now I understood. Another lie to cover it all up. My mom didn’t seem to care however. She was just happy we were safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment